Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Make Each Grid Column Exactly 33% of Parent?
jmasterx
Hi
I'm working on a vertical crosstab report.
The problem is I need 2 additional columns after the Column Total. My solution is to create a grid in each row with 3 columns.
The problem is that I need to also add borders to these so everything needs to line up correctly. Thus I need each column of these grids to take up exactly 33% of the parent width. Currently their width changes based on the context inside. I cannot have this. The only thing I can think of is fixed column widths but if 20 year old html tables can do what I want then BIRT must have a way.
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
You could change the width in the beforeFactory() with something like this<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>pgrid = reportContext.getReportRunnable().designHandle.getDesignHandle().findElement("parentgrid");
cgrid = reportContext.getReportRunnable().designHandle.getDesignHandle().findElement("childgrid");
cgrid.setProperty("width", "33%");</pre>
<br />
You'd just need to remember to change the name of each grid.