Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Aggregate Functions with Multi-Group
George.k
Hi,<br />
<br />
I have a table that contains 2 groups.<br />
The footer of group 2 contains some aggregate functions and the footer of group 1 contains few other aggregate functions.<br />
<br />
My issue is that I am trying to add an aggregate function in Group 1 where I need to calculate a certain aggregate function from group 2 by another aggregate function from group 1:<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>Aggregate_Function = Agg_function2( sum(field_group2) ) * Agg_function1( sum(field_group1) )</strong><br />
<br />
* where Agg_function2 is coming from group2 and Agg_function1 is coming from group1<br />
<br />
When I am trying to create the above formula the system is not allowing me since it restricts to calculate 2 aggregate functions from 2 different groups.<br />
<br />
Please can someone give me a solution<br />
<br />
Thank You
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Hans_vd
Hi George,<br />
<br />
Probably I misunderstand your requirement, but as far as I understand, this seems normal to me.<br />
Let's say you have these data:<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>Group outer 1
agg = 5
Group inner 1
agg = 10
agg = 15
agg = 20</pre>
So now you want to do 5 * 10? Or 5 * 15? Or 5 * 20?<br />
You can not expect BIRT to be able to decide what to do.