Hi,<br />
<br />
I'm new to BIRT and I'm having troubles fetching the query string parameters of HTML attributes in beforeOpen() script of my Data Set.<br />
<br />
Below is the external HTML from:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'><form id="graphform" action="/Birt/frameset" method="get" target="show_graph">
<table id="graphid">
<tr>
<td>
<b>Choose Parameters:</b>
</td>
<td>
<input type="hidden" name="__report" value="DynamicRpt.rptdesign" />
</td>
<td>
<SELECT NAME="choiceX" id="choiceX">
<OPTION VALUE="Country">Country
<OPTION VALUE="Platform">ApplicationPlatform
<OPTION VALUE="Application">Application
<OPTION VALUE="Team">SponsoringBU
</SELECT>
</td>
<td>
<SELECT NAME="choiceY" id="choiceY">
<OPTION VALUE="Count">ByCount
<OPTION VALUE="Percentage">ByPercentage
</SELECT>
</td>
<td style="padding-left: 3em">
<b>Choose A Graph Type:</b>
</td>
<td>
<SELECT NAME="graphType" id="graphType">
<OPTION VALUE="Bar">BarChart
<OPTION VALUE="Line">LineChart
</SELECT>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>
<input type="submit" value="Draw Graph"/>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</form></pre>
<br />
The URL looks like below:<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>
http://localhost:8080/Birt/frameset?__report=DynamicRpt.rptdesign&choiceX=Country&choiceY=Count&graphType=Bar</strong><br />
<br />
I'm trying to check in beforeOpen script if the param values are present or not.<br />
Below is the beforeOpen script:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>if (params["choiceX"] == "Country" && params["choiceY"] == "Count" && params["graphType"] == "Bar"){
this.queryText = "select * from environment where 1=1";
}else{
this.queryText = "";
}</pre>
<br />
I'm getting attached exception when I run the report:<br />
<br />
<br />
Please help me on this. <br />
<br />
The idea is to show/hide a graph out of, say, 10 graphs based on user selection in drop down lists. Currently, I'm only testing if the params are being passed successfully.<br />
<br />
Thanks.<br />
Saroj