Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Using Where() in the Condition Expression Builder
jballnik
Hey Gang,
Does anyone remember the Where() that could be used in the Expression Builder in Actuate?? For instance, I created a Timecard report and it had all the dates listed at the top. For each data control in the report I wanted to get a total of hours for a particular day. So in the expression builder my syntax was something like this:
sum([regularhrs]) Where([startdate] = '1/1/13')
I'm not finding anything like that in BIRT. Does anyone know how this can be done in BIRT. I have 14 controls in the after frame, one for each day in a two week time period and I want to do the same type of thing. Help!!
thanks,
John B
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'jballnik'" data-cid="113437" data-time="1358792286" data-date="21 January 2013 - 11:18 AM"><p>
Hey Gang,<br />
<br />
Does anyone remember the Where() that could be used in the Expression Builder in Actuate?? For instance, I created a Timecard report and it had all the dates listed at the top. For each data control in the report I wanted to get a total of hours for a particular day. So in the expression builder my syntax was something like this:<br />
<br />
sum([regularhrs]) Where([startdate] = '1/1/13')<br />
<br />
I'm not finding anything like that in BIRT. Does anyone know how this can be done in BIRT. I have 14 controls in the after frame, one for each day in a two week time period and I want to do the same type of thing. Help!!<br />
<br />
thanks,<br />
John B<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
On the aggregation report item there is a filter option.
jballnik
Thank you Thank you....that worked great!!