Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Drill through report
rafavs86
I have a drill through report, I have a dashboard that has our data and we added bookmarks to show a graph when you click on one of them, problem is that I want a popup but the defaul option will open a whole new tab, I want to setup a script or an option to show this popup as a smaller window not at as new tab.<br />
<br />
I added a script on a textbox with JS to resize but I wont do it:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'><script>
window.resizeTo(500,500);
</script></pre>
<br />
Any guidance will be appreciateD!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>window.open('http://www.birt-exchange.org','mywindow','width=400,height=200,toolbar=yes,
location=yes,directories=yes,status=yes,menubar=yes,scrollbars=yes,copyhistory=yes,
resizable=yes')"</pre>
<br />
Should open a new window. If you create a dynamic text object and add<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'><FORM>
<INPUT type="button" value="New Window!" onClick="window.open('http://www.birt-exchange.org','mywindow','width=400,height=200,toolbar=yes,
location=yes,directories=yes,status=yes,menubar=yes,scrollbars=yes,copyhistory=yes,
resizable=yes')">
</FORM></pre>
<br />
To it you can test it in BIRT. What browser are you running this on? The browser settings might be forcing the new page to open in a new tab.
rafavs86
hi Kclark, yeah I create my own function I don't think I'll have a problem, but what I want to use is the drill-through functionality within the tool.
If you add a hyperlink and use the drill-through it will give you the option to output on the same window or a new window, I would like to configure the size of the new window.
kclark
I don't know if a dynamic text object would work for you or not, here's the code I used.<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'><b class="menu_links" onclick="displayData(11,1,0,'A')" onmouseover="" style="cursor: pointer;">
<a href="" onclick="window.open('http://127.0.0.1:58985/viewer/frameset?__report=C%3A%5CUsers%5Ckclark%5Cworkspace%5Cagglib%5Cnew_report_34.rptdesign&__format=html&__overwrite=true&__locale=en_US&__timezone=America/Chicago&__designer=true&__resourceFolder=C%3A%5CUsers%5Ckclark%5Cworkspace%5Cagglib','mywindow','width=400,height=200,toolbar=yes,resizable=yes')">Customer Number</a>
</b></pre>
<br />
I left href null so the current report would stay at the same location, by doing this it doesn't look like a link anymore. So I used a simple onmouseover script to change the cursor and then changed the color of the text so it would appear more like a normal link.<br />
<br />
Since we're using script to link to the second report you'll also need to pass the params to the second report in the URL. Let me know if this works for you.
rafavs86
thank you Kclark I will give it a try, I wanted to know if there was a built option to set the size of the drill-through but I guess I'll have to use the approach you suggested.
Anyway I'll try your solution and will let you know what happened.
Thank you!
rafavs86
I just detected a drawback though, I'm using aggregated fields since I cannot use a text field, I'll have to figure another way to call the JS.