Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
[ 3.7 ] Multplie Master Page on 1 grid doesn't work
egau
Hello everyone,
I'm facing a problem when generating report that use multiple master page that I bind on one grid.
Exemple :
I have a grid with 2 row : 1 for the content of the First page (landscape), the second for the rest of the report (portrait).
I bind on the first row ( in Page Break) , the master-page : "Landscape Front page"
I bind on the seconde row (in page break) , the master page called "Portrait Master Page"
These two master pages are stored in a masterpage.rptlibrary.
When I generate it in BIRT, the behaviour is correct BUT with the report engine 3.7.2, it's only the first master page , visible in "Outline" that is used for all the report.
I don't have the problem with :
- Birt Designer 2.6.2
- Birt Engine 2.6.2
- Birt Designer 3.7 ( Version: 3.7.2 - Build id: M20120208-0800 )
But with th report engine 3.7.2 (org.eclipse.birt.runtime_3.7.2.v20120214-1408.jar), I got the problem.
Any idea ? I didn't find information regarding to a bug linked to that.
Thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
egau
In the 2.6.2 version, we had a "plugin" directory that doesn't exist anymore in 3.7.2 but files related to the former folder are stored in "lib" directory now.<br />
<br />
What is the difference ? Why ? <br />
<br />
Thanks !<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'egau'" data-cid="113458" data-time="1358863004" data-date="22 January 2013 - 06:56 AM"><p>
Hello everyone,<br />
<br />
I'm facing a problem when generating report that use multiple master page that I bind on one grid.<br />
Exemple :<br />
<br />
I have a grid with 2 row : 1 for the content of the First page (landscape), the second for the rest of the report (portrait).<br />
<br />
I bind on the first row ( in Page Break) , the master-page : "Landscape Front page"<br />
I bind on the seconde row (in page break) , the master page called "Portrait Master Page"<br />
<br />
These two master pages are stored in a masterpage.rptlibrary.<br />
<br />
When I generate it in BIRT, the behaviour is correct BUT with the report engine 3.7.2, it's only the first master page , visible in "Outline" that is used for all the report.<br />
<br />
I don't have the problem with :<br />
- Birt Designer 2.6.2<br />
- Birt Engine 2.6.2<br />
- Birt Designer 3.7 ( Version: 3.7.2 - Build id: M20120208-0800 )<br />
<br />
But with th report engine 3.7.2 (org.eclipse.birt.runtime_3.7.2.v20120214-1408.jar), I got the problem.<br />
<br />
Any idea ? I didn't find information regarding to a bug linked to that.<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance.<br /></p></blockquote>
mwilliams
Can you attach a sample report that will show the issue, that I can run?
egau
Hello mwilliams,
I finally found how to bypass the problem by recreating my "master grid" ( the one on which master page are applied ) using 3.7 version. I think the problem appears because my grid was created with 2.6.2, even if I deleted master pages in the report, then re-import and then re-assign to my "old" grid, the problem persist. I have tried to create a new grid and assigning the previous designed master page and it works.
So , conclusion : properties on page break of grid between 2.6.2 and 3.7.2 have probably changed ( I guess ). It would be a bit long to reproduce this problem. Thanks for your response !
Cheers
mwilliams
Interesting. Thanks for the update!