Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
File descriptors still opened after report execution
mrbrown
Hi,
I am using BIRT ReportEngine 3.7.2 integrated in my own report scheduler.
At the report generation, BIRT is generating temporary files and folders. Folder names start by "DataEngine_".
I encounter a problem about the handling of these files by BIRT.
The BIRT report engine deletes correctly the files and the folders in my temporary folder once the report is generated. But I can see that some file descriptors are always openned. This will certainly be a problem because I am using my scheduler to launch a lot of report and randomly some file descriptors stay openned.
# lsof -p 27116
java 27116 xxxx 292r REG 253,0 516 2687009 /tmp/DataEngine_1307462318_7/DataSetCacheObject_109930974_25/data.data (deleted)
java 27116 xxxx 299r REG 253,0 516 2687009 /tmp/DataEngine_1307462318_7/DataSetCacheObject_109930974_25/data.data (deleted)
java 27116 xxxx 301r REG 253,0 516 2687009 /tmp/DataEngine_1307462318_7/DataSetCacheObject_109930974_25/data.data (deleted)
java 27116 xxxx 313r REG 253,0 1766 2687196 /tmp/DataEngine_1073361677_8/DataSetCacheObject_1429959763_48/data.data (deleted)
java 27116 xxxx 320w REG 253,0 522 2687148 /tmp/DataEngine_749029503_75/DataSetCacheObject_11533157_262/data.data (deleted)
java 27116 xxxx 321r REG 253,0 0 2687152 /tmp/DataEngine_749029503_75/BasicDiskList1423844808 (deleted)
Do you have any idea of how to fix this problem?
Thanks!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Any way you can try with the latest version (4.2.1) and see if the problem still exists? If it does, please log a bug in the eclipse.org/birt bugzilla and post the bug info in here.
mrbrown
Ok, I'll keep you informed.
mwilliams
Sounds good. Thanks!