Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Change aggregation group with a parameter or script
rafavs86
I want to dinamically change the field that contains the aggregation on a group depending a report parameter, is this possible with a script or expression?
Example:
I have the reports with the same fields and same aggregations but the summaries are splitted:
BY CONTINENT
BY COUNTRY
BY STATE
BY COUNTY
So instead of having 4 reports with the same layout and formulas (just changing the group on on the aggregation field) i want a report that can dynamically change the first column to select the group of aggregation.
If I wasn't clear enough please let me know, I can rephrase it.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
You could create all the tables that you would need in your report then drop the tables you don't need based on the parameter. <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1027-drop-a-table-based-on-a-report-parameter/'>This
devshare</a> shows how you can drop tables based on a report parameter.