Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Displaying HTML in Crosstab aggregate field
BigGeorge
So I was looking at my spiffy new crosstab report that appears to be working fine when I notice that the HTML entities we have in the database are not rendering as HTML in the report. So I can find where I can customize the colors and fonts in the onCreate function, and I can find out to make Text and Dynamic Text fields show HTML, but I can't figure out where I do that for Aggregate fields. Do I need to create JavaScript on the page to locate the element that has the text in it (in this case it's ↑ and ↓) and then convert it to HTML? Is there some simpler way?
I tried using the onCreate to change the value in the aggregate field but I can't seem to figure that out either. Is that possible?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
Are you just trying to add &uarr and &darr ? The best way I can think of to do this is put the totals in a PGV array. This way you can call the values back and put them in a text object so the HTML displays correctly.
BigGeorge
The question then becomes how does one put a text box into the aggregate location for the crosstab? The html entities are being retrieved from the database, and I can understand putting them into a PGV, but I've got 30 some other dimensions that map on my column axis. Would I need to create some kind of dynamic array in memory to hold everything and then build out my columns from there?
BigGeorge
Okay, so the way I resolved this was to do conditional Visibility. If the aggregate == "↑" hide the aggregate and show the Text field that had ↑ in it with an HTML setting. It worked well enough.