Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to Hide First level cascading Parameter Dynamically
vivekpv10
I have a case where i want to hide first level parameter in a cascading parameter Group.I will pass that argument as part of url(ie.as querystring?).Now i created two parameters under cascading parameter group(ie:officecode and empno).If user is passing officecode parameter through url(it means user is <strong class='bbc'>not admin</strong>),then i want to hide first level parameter (ie officecode) and directly load all the empno corresponding to that office.If user is not passing officecode as part of url(it means <strong class='bbc'> user is admin</strong> and want to show all the offices),then i want show both of the parameters in Parameter dailog.Or is any other way to handle this scenario??
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
There are two ways you could do this. You can create a custom parameter page that checks weather or not the user is admin based on the parameters passed to it. Or you could create a landing page type of report that checks the parameters then forwards them to the admin or non-admin page accordingly.
bgbaird
Kevin, is there a way you could script it based on context at run-time.
kclark
I don't think there is any way to script it at run-time since the parameters are called before everything else. Even if there was a way to hide the parameters with some script it wouldn't effect them because the parameter page would have already been executed by the time BIRT reaches the script.
vivekpv10
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'kclark'" data-cid="113645" data-time="1359396949" data-date="28 January 2013 - 11:15 AM"><p>
There are two ways you could do this. You can create a custom parameter page that checks weather or not the user is admin based on the parameters passed to it. Or you could create a landing page type of report that checks the parameters then forwards them to the admin or non-admin page accordingly.<br /></p></blockquote>
@kclark
..thanks for that information.Also one more thing is user is not passing any officecode,then it is sure that it is not a Admin.Then why again need to check??. for me custom parameter page is little bit confusing.do u have any sample report?
kclark
vivekpv, I've attached an example showing how to use a landing page to meet your requirements. admincheck.rptdesign is the main report you want to navigate to. If you leave OfficeCode out of the URL then it's redirected to admin.rptdesign where all options are available. If you do pass an office code in the URL it's then sent to notadmin.rptdesign where only a parameter for EmpNo is available using this SQL statement.<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
SELECT *
FROM CLASSICMODELS.EMPLOYEES
WHERE CLASSICMODELS.EMPLOYEES.OFFICECODE = ?</pre>
<br />
Then I linked the parameter in the UI to the office code that was passed to the report. Let me know if this works for you. If it doesn't I'll post a custom parameter page example.
vivekpv10
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'kclark'" data-cid="113705" data-time="1359476836" data-date="29 January 2013 - 09:27 AM"><p>
vivekpv, I've attached an example showing how to use a landing page to meet your requirements. admincheck.rptdesign is the main report you want to navigate to. If you leave OfficeCode out of the URL then it's redirected to admin.rptdesign where all options are available. If you do pass an office code in the URL it's then sent to notadmin.rptdesign where only a parameter for EmpNo is available using this SQL statement.<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
SELECT *
FROM CLASSICMODELS.EMPLOYEES
WHERE CLASSICMODELS.EMPLOYEES.OFFICECODE = ?</pre>
<br />
Then I linked the parameter in the UI to the office code that was passed to the report. Let me know if this works for you. If it doesn't I'll post a custom parameter page example.<br /></p></blockquote>
thanks for ur quick reply.i will test it
vivekpv10
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'kclark'" data-cid="113705" data-time="1359476836" data-date="29 January 2013 - 09:27 AM"><p>
vivekpv, I've attached an example showing how to use a landing page to meet your requirements. admincheck.rptdesign is the main report you want to navigate to. If you leave OfficeCode out of the URL then it's redirected to admin.rptdesign where all options are available. If you do pass an office code in the URL it's then sent to notadmin.rptdesign where only a parameter for EmpNo is available using this SQL statement.<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
SELECT *
FROM CLASSICMODELS.EMPLOYEES
WHERE CLASSICMODELS.EMPLOYEES.OFFICECODE = ?</pre>
<br />
Then I linked the parameter in the UI to the office code that was passed to the report. Let me know if this works for you. If it doesn't I'll post a custom parameter page example.<br /></p></blockquote>
thanks for ur quick reply.i will test it