Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT Library Refresh does not have Impact on Chart's Color Pallete
Azad Singh
HI, I am using birt 3.7.1.<br />
<br />
I have created a Library for reusing the report items(Or say widgets, Like Chart, Table). I defined the color palette in the Library's chart.<br />
<br />
Now I use it in a Report and It works fine. It has the same Color palette which I defined in the Library.<br />
<br />
Next Time I have to update the Libaray's for the Chart's Color Palette, I change the color scheme used earlier.<br />
<strong class='bbc'><br />
<span style='color: #4169E1'>Now I come to my report wherever I have used this chart I go to Report --> Refersh Library<br />
But Unfortunately it does not refreshes the chart, as the colors in the color Palette are as same they were earlier.</span></strong><br />
<br />
<br />
I have no Idea if I am doing something wrong Or there is no way to do it in Birt.<br />
<br />
Though I found refresh Icon in each report where I have used the Library, but if I click on it it clears the whole chart's all Binding + Script + All other naming and all other things, which I don't want. I wanted it to refresh only Color Palette.<br />
<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Jenkinsj5
I don't know all the answers, but the first thing to consider is if you changed the library object after adding it to your report. If you changed anything (even if you put it back like it was) that part or maybe others will be frozen and will not update. BIRT assumes if you changed part of library item you want it customized in this report, so it does not update it.
When library item has ANY customizations there is a pencil icon added to the chain link icon on the report.
CBR
I already saw that issue in multiple BIRT versions. Not sure how latest version behaves.
Charts are using their own model, that is copyied to the report itself even if the chart was initially coming from a library. So it is not really helpful to add charts to a library because changes will not be reflected in the reports using that chart coming from the library.
I ve seen multiple BIRT extension that try to solve that chart palette issue. It is quite often that you want to have your color palette beeing defined in some central location where you can maintain it. If the issue described also exists in the latest version (and i m quite sure that it exists) you have no chance to do that without using some extension.