Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Adding text label to chart?
Re-Porter
Hello,
I'm rendering charts using birts Java-API and want to add some constant textual information on lower right side of the SVG/PNG. Is there any possibility to add a label at any place of the chart?
Regards
Re-porter
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Jenkinsj5
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php/topic/22682-apply-optional-y-series-grouping-only-in-series-1-but-not-series-2/'>This
post</a> suggest the easiest method is to use a grid with a label next to the graph.
Re-Porter
Thank you for that hint.
I just tried to find out how to do that and wasn't very successful.
As far as I found out I can set a grid like that: [ChartWithAxes].getBlock().setRow(int)
Then I should somehow be able to place the actual chart in the middle and have one row above and one below the chart. But I couldn't find out how to place a label in one of those rows. I actually couldn't find out how to cycle through the rows or address one particular row with the Java-API.
Am I completely wrong with my approach? Thanks for further advice or solutions.
Jenkinsj5
I am not sure how to best, help you. But it sounds like the forum discusion I linked to above gets you part way to the solution, so I would suggest following up on that string and one of those more knowledgable then I can help you over the last hurdles.