Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Group Totals in Master pages
RayG
Hi There
I'm wondering if you can help with the following. I have a simple listing report of sales with a group to list it by sales order number. After each group (Sales order) i have a page break and wish to show the totals always at the bottom of the page regardless of the number of rows of data. I'm using a master page in the group footer and passing my group totals into the footer of the master page.
I've worked through some of the examples on here and got most of the way to achieving what I require, but have 2 issues.
If I run the report for multiple Sales Orders, on page one my group total does not appear, even though some text data in the master page footer does i.e. the master page is displaying.
Secondly, if my sales data goes over more than one page I get the master page values appearing on all pages contained within the group. How can I hide the values on all but the last page of the group.
Thanks
Ray
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
Do you want a running total or a total of just the listed data?
RayG
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'kclark'" data-cid="113904" data-time="1360006755" data-date="04 February 2013 - 12:39 PM"><p>
Do you want a running total or a total of just the listed data?<br /></p></blockquote>
Hi There<br />
<br />
I'm just looking to display the group total on the bottom of the page. I have this working but not on the first page even though the master page information is printing.<br />
<br />
The other issues I have is if the group data exceeds more than a page how do I supress the totals from all but the last page in the group.<br />
<br />
Thanks<br />
<br />
Ray
kclark
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1404-group-page-numbering/'>Here's
a devshare</a> showing how to display group n of m at the bottom of your table. If you don't have any more content after your table you can force a pagebreak without having to put this in the materpage footer.