Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Aggregation on Dynamic Text
gaurav1
Hi ,
We have a table with 9 columns and multiple rows.
Some of the columns involves calculation by using other columns and maths function.
FOr Ex: Col(4) = Col(1) + ln(Col(2))
I have resolved this by using dynamic text for every column.
But now, I need to perform the aggregation on each column. Since we cannot perform aggregation on dynamic text, how should I proceed on this.
-Gaurav
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Jenkinsj5
Is there a reason you are using 'dynamic text' and not using computed columns in the data set?
gaurav1
Yes, Because I need to apply aggregation on each column.
I have created some groups on table headers. Also inside my table, I have some grouping for rows.
my table Tcol1 = aggregation of dataset col2 + ln(col3).
Tcol2 = Tcol1 + aggregation on dataset col(4) .
Tcol3 = Tcol1* Tcol2;
How can I use computed column approach for Tcol2 ? .
gaurav1
Is there a way to get the value of dynamic text of each row in the footer using javascript and then apply aggregate function on that ? .
Jenkinsj5
Using BIRT 4.2.1 I was able to add aggerations to the bottom of a table, and calculate values in the next columns based on those aggerations. See attached.
You might try creating an example report using the clasic models DB and posting it with the problem you are trying to overcome. It seems like I may not be grasping the question, and an examlple will allow those with more skills to assist you.
gaurav1
I am using BIRT 3.7.2.
I have edited the attached rptdesign file as per my need.
I have added one range computed column. Did a Grouping on that.
Now I need to find the value of Footer Row of Column (6) . Also I need to find the value of Column (7) which is "(6) - (4)".
Jenkinsj5
More skilled help is required, your example helped greatly to understand your problem.
I was able to get farther then you did by using a data element rather than a dynamic text.
The diff (7)=(6)-(4) is problematic as there is only one native numerical value in the data set and two are required for the example.
I played around with typing the query in ?six-three? but it failed before it got to the non-numerical issue. I would not want to lead you down the wrong path, so suggest you try to set up again using a better data set from classic models and using ?data? (which is easier for drag and drop then ?dynamic text?, doing math).
If you still have problems, repost the question with an example like you did here.