Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to make a report with two detail tables, the 2nd depending on the first
eurodiego
Hi,
I am pretty new to BIRT, but already made several reports.
This time, I have to make one to be rendered as PDF, that has two tables.
The records shown in the first table, have an id and five fields.
The records shown in the second table, have the same id and another field, different from the ones in the first table.
Each page, must have the same records on each table.
I don't know if I have been clear enough, so I uploaded a sample of a two page report.
Thanks in advance.
First page
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
What data are you trying to duplicate on each page? What additional data will be added as you move between pages?
eurodiego
The dataset is an xml file.
I can bind it, but it doesn't works as expected.
Here are the results (don't pay attention to repeated data, it is just for this example. the important thing is the "Nro. de Orden" field)
Page 1:
kclark
I've attached an example that should work for you. I created two tables. The first is grouped on rows["COUNT"] to simulate the ID in your report. When I created the group I chose interval with a range of 10 and set the page break after to always. Then I merged all three cells of the group footer then added my second table. No grouping was needed on this. Let me know if this example works for you.
eurodiego
You are a genius!
It worked perfectly.
Thank you very, very much.
Cheers...
kclark
You're welcome! Let me know if you have any more questions
eurodiego
Another one,
Is it possible to set each table's height fixed, so they will use the same room in the sheet at every page?
This is because it has to be exactly the same format as a pre-printed one.
Thank you again,
Diego
kclark
You can set the height and width of the table by selecting that table > property editor > general > height/width
eurodiego
Well, I have already did it that way, but the it seems not to be fixed, as at every page, the same table has it's own height. I've attached the result.
Page 1
eurodiego
That's ok, I figured it out.<br />
I just used the idea of an example of this forum to add rows at the footer as needed.<br />
The example is in the following link<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1355-extending-a-table-to-a-certain-number-of-rows-with-alternating-row-color/'>Extending
a Table to a Certain Number of Rows with Alternating Row Color</a>