Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Populate multiple cascade report parameters based on sinlge single parameter
utkarsh144
Hi,
I don't get the idea on how to set values of my report parameters based on selection of value from listbox. This is not kind of typical cascade parameters.
I have 1 listbox and 4 textbox as report parameters. Listbox has been populated from dataset. Based on selection of value from listbox, i want to populate values of other textboxes which can be editable. Then i want to pass all these parameters to my procedure to generate report.
Does Birt provide such functionality, like onchange, for listbox parameters where we can execute the query based on selected value and set the others parameters from the result set?
Thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
utkarsh144
Hi,
I don't get the idea on how to set values of my report parameters based on selection of value from listbox. This is not kind of typical cascade parameters.
I have 1 listbox and 4 textbox as report parameters. Listbox has been populated from dataset. Based on selection of value from listbox, i want to populate values of other textboxes at the same time which can be editable. Then i want to pass all these parameters to my procedure to generate report.
Does Birt provide such functionality, like onchange, for listbox parameters where we can execute the query based on selected value and set the others parameters from the result set?
Thanks in advance.
kclark
If you wanted to do that it would need to be done with a <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php?app=blog&module=display§ion=blog&blogid=45&showentry=453'>custom
parameter page</a>. This way you could script the parameters to change based on the selection of the first parameter.
utkarsh144
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'kclark'" data-cid="114035" data-time="1360274562" data-date="07 February 2013 - 03:02 PM"><p>
If you wanted to do that it would need to be done with a <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php?app=blog&module=display§ion=blog&blogid=45&showentry=453'>custom
parameter page</a>. This way you could script the parameters to change based on the selection of the first parameter.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Thanks Kclark for your quick response.<br />
<br />
I am puting the birt report in Portlet. I am not sure where do i put my parameter page? Also as you said in your example, Create cascade parameters. But In my case, all the combination of parameters are stored in the table and based on the parameter Id( which is in Listbox and first parameter), I want all the parameters value get loaded at one shot.