Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to link a detail table and a header table on the same record page?
Max Bo
Hi,
I want to achieve the following: having on top of a page a table with header information about orders (order number, client e.g.) and below a table with all order lines. Now I want to link the order number of the header with the content of the details table, meaning: I click on the order number and it refreshes the detail table and shows the order lines connected to that table.
I am so far familiar with parameters, hyperlinks and drill througs to other reports and know, how to manage that in two different reports. But how would I manage that on the same report page?
Regards
Max
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
Max,<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1474-client-side-script-to-show-detail-rows-from-chart-and-table/'>Here's
a good devshare</a> That you might want to take a look at. It has the order information in the header and allows you to select it and then the chart and table are updated. It also shows data in a table when you scroll over the chart.
Max Bo
Wow, that looks really nice - can't wait to test it!
Thanks for the link!
Max
Max Bo
I had a chance to look a little bit more into the details now and try to convert it to my report. I am not quite sure, how to read this part:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>document.getElementById("tblheader").style.display="";
var mytbl = document.getElementById("mytable");
var trs = mytbl.getElementsByTagName("tr");</pre>
<br />
So far I have not found the element ID "tblheader" or the tag name "tr" in the whole report (where would I have to look for the tag at all?). Can somebody please help me out how to read this and where to look for these two things?<br />
<br />
Regards<br />
<br />
Max
kclark
If you click the second table > select a row > property editor > bookmark. You will see these defined as bookmarks.
Max Bo
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'kclark'" data-cid="114116" data-time="1360620476" data-date="11 February 2013 - 03:07 PM"><p>
If you click the second table > select a row > property editor > bookmark. You will see these defined as bookmarks.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Ok, I have found the bookmark tblheader, but where is 'tr'? I have nearly clicked on everything, but haven't found it