Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Need to create a report that is view only in Excel
ngocvdoan
Hi,
Is there a way to pass BIRT Viewer URL's parameter into the report? For example, I have a report and when running this report via front-end, user can select report output to be saved in HTML, PDF or Excel format. I would like to know if there is away to determine which output format the user has selected so that I can pass it into the report and use JavaScript to handle this envent such as throwing a custom error message or hide the data if user selected other format except Excel.
Basically, what I'm trying to do is create a report that is can only be viewed in Excel and not other format. I know that I can use Visibility to accomplish this but what about if I want to throw a custom error message or hide the data if the output format is not Excel?
Please help me.
Thank you
Steve
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
CBR
You can determine the output format using the reportContext variable.
You can try the following:
if(reportContext.getOutputFormat()!="xls") {
//throw your exception here
}
ngocvdoan
Thank you very much cbrell for your response. This will work for me.
Steve