I've got this in my open method:
importPackage(Packages.tracs.reporting.services);
performanceReportService = new PerformanceReportService();
performanceReport = performanceReportService.getPerformanceReport("190677");
and I have my report designer classpath set to the same as my output build directory via an "class folder". I've verified that the files are at that classpath location but I'm still getting this on Preview:
+ "
A BIRT exception occurred. See next exception for more information.
Error evaluating Javascript expression. Script engine error: ReferenceError: "PerformanceReportService" is not defined. (/report/data-sets/script-data-set[
@id="153"]/method[
@name="open"]#3)
I have done a little experimenting and the script doesn't throw an error when I change the import to nonsense, so I'm guessing that it's not finding my classes on the classpath. I am trying to run this through the integrated eclipse report designer -> Preview action.
Am I supposed to put the classes in a specific location? Is there a different way to set the classpath other than the eclipse, windows -> preferences -> report design -> classpath.
I am using Eclipse Juno and Birt 4.2.1.
Thanks in advance! I really appreciate any advice here. Deadline is looming and I don't want to be stuck using iText...