Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Web services in .net
M_Terk
Does anyone have a good example of connecting to Web Services in .net. I have been trying to connect to Actuate v11 portal and I keep getting the "unknown" fault string. I must be missing something very simple..<br />
<br />
I looked at the code on the web and it looks like most people are using java.<br />
<br />
Here is my code.<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
<br />
Michael Terk<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>ActuateAPI serv = new ActuateAPI();
serv.HeaderValue = new Header();
serv.Url = "http://192.168.77.79:8080";
serv.HeaderValue.AuthId = null;
Login l_Req = new Login();
l_Req.Password = "";
l_Req.User = "Administrator";
l_Req.UserSetting = true;
l_Req.UserSettingSpecified = true;
l_Req.Domain = "VirBIRT";
LoginResponse l_res;
try
{
l_res = serv.login(l_Req);
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
PrintExceptionDetails(ex);
return;
}
</pre>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
RSiegler
Michael,<br />
<br />
What classes are you "Using" before you begin your class?<br />
What designer are you using, or are you crafting the code in a txt file before compiling?<br />
<br />
Best Regards,<br />
<span style='color: #000000'><span style='font-size: 10px;'>Ryan Siegler<br />
Actuate Corporation ? The BIRT Company?<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.actuate.com'>http://www.actuate.com</a>
; | <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://birtondemand.com'>http://birtondemand.com</a></span></span><br
/>
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'M_Terk'" data-cid="114150" data-time="1360715093" data-date="12 February 2013 - 05:24 PM"><p>
Does anyone have a good example of connecting to Web Services in .net. I have been trying to connect to Actuate v11 portal and I keep getting the "unknown" fault string. I must be missing something very simple..<br />
<br />
I looked at the code on the web and it looks like most people are using java.<br />
<br />
Here is my code.<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
<br />
Michael Terk<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>ActuateAPI serv = new ActuateAPI();
serv.HeaderValue = new Header();
serv.Url = "http://192.168.77.79:8080";
serv.HeaderValue.AuthId = null;
Login l_Req = new Login();
l_Req.Password = "";
l_Req.User = "Administrator";
l_Req.UserSetting = true;
l_Req.UserSettingSpecified = true;
l_Req.Domain = "VirBIRT";
LoginResponse l_res;
try
{
l_res = serv.login(l_Req);
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
PrintExceptionDetails(ex);
return;
}
</pre></p></blockquote>
M_Terk
Ryan,<br />
<br />
I am using visual studio 12. I imported the the service definition from localhost:8000/wsdl (used the C# link for Actuate 11) and used the wrappers that visual studio created for me. The program compiles fine but I am not sure why it can not login.<br />
<br />
MT<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'RSiegler'" data-cid="114162" data-time="1360764811" data-date="13 February 2013 - 07:13 AM"><p>
Michael,<br />
<br />
What classes are you "Using" before you begin your class?<br />
What designer are you using, or are you crafting the code in a txt file before compiling?<br />
<br />
Best Regards,<br />
<span style='color: #000000'><span style='font-size: 10px;'>Ryan Siegler<br />
Actuate Corporation ? The BIRT Company?<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.actuate.com'>http://www.actuate.com</a>
; | <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://birtondemand.com'>http://birtondemand.com</a></span></span><br
/></p></blockquote>
RSiegler
Michael,
What is in the exception that is returned?
I think I see one thing that needs to be added, which is to add the VolumeName to the Header.
Also, if you are seeing the WSDL on port 8000, the login request should go to the same port.
It looks like you are sending the request to port 8080.
M_Terk
I get "unkown" soap fault:<br />
<br />
Here is the exchange between client and server as captured by tcpmonitor (this is the reson the ports are different)<br />
<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
POST / HTTP/1.1
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; MS Web Services Client Protocol 4.0.30319.18034)
VsDebuggerCausalityData: uIDPo2z+HVJFqTZGrvGlJlc5i9YAAAAAmjqbTfM8VE2+nNogas3LHiLluY0ADlhGi9KNNyRUSfcACQAA
Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8
SOAPAction: ""
Host: virbirt:8000
Content-Length: 481
Expect: 100-continue
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<soap:Header>
<Header xmlns="http://schemas.actuate.com/actuate11" />
</soap:Header>
<soap:Body>
<Login xmlns="http://schemas.actuate.com/actuate11">
<User>Administrator</User>
<Password />
<Domain>virbirt</Domain>
<UserSetting>true</UserSetting>
</Login>
</soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-Length: 274
HOST:VirBIRT
Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
<soapenv:Body>
<soapenv:Fault>
<faultcode>soapenv:Server</faultcode>
<faultstring>unknown</faultstring>
<detail />
</soapenv:Fault>
</soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope
</pre>
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'RSiegler'" data-cid="114191" data-time="1360850655" data-date="14 February 2013 - 07:04 AM"><p>
Michael,<br />
<br />
What is in the exception that is returned?<br />
I think I see one thing that needs to be added, which is to add the VolumeName to the Header.<br />
<br />
Also, if you are seeing the WSDL on port 8000, the login request should go to the same port.<br />
It looks like you are sending the request to port 8080.<br /></p></blockquote>
RSiegler
Michael,<br />
<br />
I noticed that the SOAP message does not have TargetVolume set in the header.<br />
That will cause problems, but I do not believe that is the only problem you are hitting at this point.<br />
<br />
At this point, it may make more sense to contact us at Actuate Support since we may need to dig into configuration files and logs in order to diagnose this issue further it seems.<br />
<br />
Please give us a call at:<br />
650-645-3030<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'M_Terk'" data-cid="114202" data-time="1360856160" data-date="14 February 2013 - 08:36 AM"><p>
I get "unkown" soap fault:<br />
<br />
Here is the exchange between client and server as captured by tcpmonitor (this is the reson the ports are different)<br />
<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
POST / HTTP/1.1
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; MS Web Services Client Protocol 4.0.30319.18034)
VsDebuggerCausalityData: uIDPo2z+HVJFqTZGrvGlJlc5i9YAAAAAmjqbTfM8VE2+nNogas3LHiLluY0ADlhGi9KNNyRUSfcACQAA
Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8
SOAPAction: ""
Host: virbirt:8000
Content-Length: 481
Expect: 100-continue
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<soap:Header>
<Header xmlns="http://schemas.actuate.com/actuate11" />
</soap:Header>
<soap:Body>
<Login xmlns="http://schemas.actuate.com/actuate11">
<User>Administrator</User>
<Password />
<Domain>virbirt</Domain>
<UserSetting>true</UserSetting>
</Login>
</soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-Length: 274
HOST:VirBIRT
Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
<soapenv:Body>
<soapenv:Fault>
<faultcode>soapenv:Server</faultcode>
<faultstring>unknown</faultstring>
<detail />
</soapenv:Fault>
</soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope
</pre></p></blockquote>