Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
datadesign and report not linked? Why?
diddy
Hi,
There is always a point when I have to go back to my datadesign file and add a new dimension or measure (or just change anything else). Then when back in my report (which links to the data file [which I recreated after the changes in the datadesign file) the new dimensions and measures are not picked up ... instead I have to delete the existing reference and create a new one. I don't quite understand the reason behind this ... why is there no dynamic linking? When I open the report file in an XML editor, I get the impression that the whole datadesign definition is present inside the report file ... why not reference everything from the actual data/datadesign file?
Thanks,
Diddy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet