Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Help with Slice Size Definition
robssl
Hi,
I'm starting to use BIRT and I have a question. I have a datasource that is an xml file and I have two columns that are 2 unique numeric values??. I want to make a report standing with the percentage of these two values ??and do not know how to embed the two columns (row ("one") and row ("two"). How I can insert these two values ??in the Slice Size Definition? Also I would like to put the name Category definition of the two columns. believe it should not be very complicated but I can not find much info.
thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
Are you wanting to display these values as labels for each slice? If you want both values in the sclice definition it will create two pie charts. Can you post your xml so I can build an example report?
robssl
Thanks kclark
I send you a sample of the xml and an example of a rptdesing. I would like "label1" and "label2" to show a percentage of their values ??in a chart pie, both on the same chart.
kclark
I've attached an example for you to look at, I modified the same rptdesign that you had posted. To add the percentages to the labels I opened the chart editor > format chart > series > value series > labels. From here I was able to select percentile value data and add it to the label.
robssl
Thanks but I can not open a version problem:
"The report file of version 3.2.22 is not supported"
I will try to fix it
robssl
My version es 3.2.17, when I change the version for mine, I get an error that the chart don't open.
You can only send me a screenshot of "select data" with what you have in your example.
Sorry
robssl
thanks, I've got to see it, but I want the chart to show me the two values ??"label1" and "label2" and show me the percentage of each in the chart.
robssl
ok I have seen and what my problem as I see is something general:
"pie chart from single row with multiple columns Containing numbers"
but after reading about it, do not understand what would be the solution.
Can you help me?
Thank you very much
Hans_vd
Hi,
You are not the first one with this issue.
I just wrote about transforming column data to row data:
http://enterprisesmartapps.wordpress.com/2013/02/18/columns-to-rows-in-birt-data-set/
Hope it helps
Hans
robssl
ok Hanks, Now if it's working. Just one question, I have 2 columns and I created 2 rows. But appear 3 categories in the legend one of them empty, although the chart don't show anything.
Thank's
Hans_vd
If you preview the results of the joint data set, how many rows are there?
robssl
thanks I've solved with filters.