Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Could not find Information Object project template
dstextras
Hi all,
I'm new to Actuate BIRT Designer Pro and trying to create a new information object. The very first step in the guide says to create a project of type information object (Information object project under Information Objects folder). But I couldn't find an option 'Information Object Project' anywhere. All I see under this folder is 'Actuate BIRT Project'. I'm using an evaluation version of Actuate BRD. Please let me know if I'm missing any configurations here.
Also when I'm trying to create a new Data Connection Definition I could not find Oracle, SQL Server, etc, the way we used to find in Actuate eRDPro in version 8. Please let me know how to connect to Oracle DB to create a new connection.
tool information:
Actuate BIRT Designer Professional
Version: 3.7.2
Build id: 20130129
Thanks in advance,
Varma
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
If you go to file > new > you'll find information project a little more than half way down the list. You'll need to create an Actuate BIRT project first. After you have done that you can either create the information object from file > new. Or you can right click the new project > new > information object.
dstextras
Hi kclark,
Thanks for replying to my question. Per the steps you've provided, I could create a project and an information object. As mentioned in my original post, I cannot see Oracle as type while creating a new data connection. Could you please guide me in defining a new data source for oracle.
Thanks,
Varma
kclark
When you create the data object you sould be able to right click in data source > new data source > JDBC data source. From the driver class drop down you can select com.actuate.jdbc.oracle.OralceDriver (Actuate Oracle Driver)