Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
an error loading visual editor in dcr.
kss
Hi.
I am having the following error while i create or edit a new dcr which has a "visual format" as external editor.
The XML data failed to load due to foll. error.
Error #1 invalid at the top level of the document.
line #1 position 1
position in document 10648
source text -- some junk character
document url :
this error was not there before. Could this be related to my datacapture.cfg. Now the visual format editor is not being displayed and there is an icon which says requires client installation. Help will be appreciated.
Thanks
kunjal.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
MattP
I have seen something similar when either the visualformat.cfg was invalid xml or the path to the cfg was invalid in your datacapture.cfg.
Matt
Matthew Petitjean
BOC Group
Murray Hill, NJ 07974 USA
kss
Thanks for the reply.
There seems to be invalid xml in the visualconfig.cfg file. I have told my admin to rectify that. Also I had one more query -- I had asked in this fourm about having a visual config file in our own workspace. I had created my own config file in my workarea, but i am not sure what path to give to access the file in datacapture.cfg. How to find the entire path to our workarea ? Thanks
kunjal.
MattP
You could try the full path starting with Y:. But I don't *think* it will work because the path is supposed to be relative. You could put it in your WA and deploy it to the config directory, but that is kind of a lot of work for 1 file.
Matt
Matthew Petitjean
BOC Group
Murray Hill, NJ 07974 USA