Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Brit Engine
asasa
Hi,
Showing error in Platform.startup(config).
I have added the jar com.ibm.icu_4.4.2.v20110208.jar too in application WEB-INF/lib.
But Still am getting following error.
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ibm/icu/util/ULocale
at org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.FrameworkException.<clinit>(FrameworkException.java:41)
at org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.osgi.OSGILauncher.doStartup(OSGILauncher.java:123)
at org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.osgi.OSGILauncher.access$0(OSGILauncher.java:94)
at org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.osgi.OSGILauncher$1.run(OSGILauncher.java:79)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.osgi.OSGILauncher.startup(OSGILauncher.java:75)
at org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.Platform.startup(Platform.java:79)
at com.csscorp.qms.helper.BirtEngine.getBirtEngine(BirtEngine.java:44)
Please help me to solve this issue.
Regards
Asvini.M
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Can you explain more about your application? Is it possible you've got multiple versions or copies of the jar in your classpath?
asasa
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="114307" data-time="1361214870" data-date="18 February 2013 - 12:14 PM"><p>
Can you explain more about your application? Is it possible you've got multiple versions or copies of the jar in your classpath?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi mwilliams,<br />
<br />
Thanks for your reply.<br />
<br />
I want to convert report into pdf in my application,<br />
<br />
this is my code...<br />
<br />
Line 1 will call BirtEngine.java. In BirtEngine.java on calling getBirtEngine() throws Exception in line Platform.startup(config);<br />
<br />
resp.setContentType("text/html");<br />
String reportName = req.getParameter("ReportName");<br />
ServletContext sc = req.getSession().getServletContext();<br />
IReportEngine birtReportEngine = BirtEngine.getBirtEngine(sc); //Line 1<br />
IReportRunnable design;<br />
design = birtReportEngine.openReportDesign(MetricsBaseLine.rptdesign");<br />
IRunAndRenderTask task = birtReportEngine.createRunAndRenderTask( design );<br />
<br />
Regards<br />
Asvini.M
asasa
Hi,
I have following jars in my WEB-INF/lib folder,
amazon-s3.jar
antlr.jar
c3p0.jar
cglib.jar
commandcontrol.jar
commons-beanutils.jar
commons-codec.jar
commons-collections.jar
commons-dbcp.jar
commons-digester.jar
commons-fileupload.jar
commons-httpclient.jar
commons-io.jar
commons-logging.jar
commons-pool.jar
commons-validator-1.3.1.jar
coreapi.jar
dom4j.jar
ehcache-1.2.3.jar
engineapi.jar
exceptions.jar
gwt-dev-windows.jar
gwtext.jar
gwtextux.jar
gwt-servlet.jar
gwt-user.jar
gxt.jar
hibernate-3.2.0.ga.jar
itext-1.3.jar
jakarta-oro.jar
javax.servlet-3.0.jar
jbosscache-core.jar
jboss-common-core.jar
jboss-jmx.jar
jboss-logging-spi.jar
jboss-system.jar
jcifs-1.3.15.jar
jcip-annotations.jar
jdbm.jar
je.jar
jettison-1.0-RC2.jar
jgroups.jar
jta.jar
junit.jar
jxl.jar
log4j-1.2.15.jar
mysql-connector-java-5.1.6-bin.jar
oscache-2.1.jar
pdfcrowd.jar
PDFRenderer-0.9.1.jar
QMSSpinneret.jar
registry-3.2.1-R32x_v20060814.jar
scheduler-plugin.jar
spring.jar
struts2-core-2.0.11.jar
struts.jar
struts-legacy.jar
xstream-1.3.jar
xwork-2.1.2.jar
getting error that java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ibm/icu/util/ULocale
Give me any idea to solve this issue.
Regards
Asvini.M
mwilliams
Is the com.ibm.icu jar somewhere in the classpath? I don't see it in your list. What is your BIRT version?
asasa
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="114396" data-time="1361390712" data-date="20 February 2013 - 01:05 PM"><p>
Is the com.ibm.icu jar somewhere in the classpath? I don't see it in your list. What is your BIRT version?<br /></p></blockquote>
Hi,<br />
<br />
Thanks for replying..<br />
<br />
My Birt version is birt 3.7.1.<br />
<br />
Add also i tried removing Platform.startup( config );<br />
Now am getting null pointer exception here,<br />
<br />
birtEngine = factory.createReportEngine( config );<br />
<br />
Please help me to solve...<br />
<br />
Warm Regards<br />
Asvini.M
mwilliams
You definitely don't want to remove that. The only problem I see in your java is that you're still using engine.shutdown(). It should be engine.destroy(), now.
This won't solve your issue with your error, though. I don't see com.ibm.icu_4.4.2.v20110208.jar in your list of jars above. Can you add it and try again. Do you have this jar elsewhere in your classpath that could be causing a conflict?
asasa
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="114461" data-time="1361552426" data-date="22 February 2013 - 10:00 AM"><p>
You definitely don't want to remove that. The only problem I see in your java is that you're still using engine.shutdown(). It should be engine.destroy(), now.<br />
<br />
This won't solve your issue with your error, though. I don't see com.ibm.icu_4.4.2.v20110208.jar in your list of jars above. Can you add it and try again. Do you have this jar elsewhere in your classpath that could be causing a conflict?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi mwilliams,<br />
<br />
Thanks a lot for your reply.<br />
<br />
I got the solution.I used engine.destroy() and also used Birt Reportengine/lib jars i added in my classpath.<br />
And i removed the jar com.ibm.icu_4.4.2.v20110208.jar which is available in my jboss lib.<br />
<br />
Now its working fine.<br />
<br />
Thanks once again...<br />
<br />
Regards<br />
Asvini.M
mwilliams
You're very welcome! Let us know whenever you have questions!