Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
non edition 5.6 Opendeployments
nico
My business users and developers want to be able to deploy various files at will without creating editions. The deployment will be going from teamsite to another box. These files could reside in various directories but under the same root.
I 've got edition deployments working with varying success (win/5.6od) now I was wondering how you all deal with small data deployments like the scenario mentioned above?
Thanks,
Nico
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Look at the documentation - regarding the use of sourceFilesystem with the filelist attribute.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
nico
Right i'm aware of the filelist deployment, and the documentation is pretty thin on it. However is this the way most folks are dealing with business users wanted to deploy small groups of files? There does not seem to be a good way to do this in the gui, or is there? I'm just trying to make it as easy for the nontech folks in my clients company. I've seen a workflow that was done which allows any role minus an author in teamsite to select files for deployment within workareas.
Thanks,
Nico
Adam Stoller
The GUI's for TeamSit e and OpenDeploy are distinct - you can create a custom menu item within TeamSite that determines which files are selected within the GUI and then uses them to generate a filelist and kick off a deployment.
I believe that is how must users are dealing with situations like this.
If you are not dealing with TeamSite, then a similar script could be written that allows the user to somehow select a bunch of files within some specified source area and then do all the same stuff.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)