Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Background image in report PDF export problem
aijain
Hi,
I have created a BIRT report. I am using a single background image for it. The header of the report uses a part of the background image using image position (center-top). The rows of the report use another part of the image (center-bottom). The report renders perfectly in the web viewer. But when I export the image to PDF, the background image positioning is messed up.
Is this a known issue or is there a way to position the image differently to make it work in PDF. Worst case, if I can not get it to work, I do not mind removing the background image when report is exported to PDF. Is there a way to do that?
Thanks,
Aparna
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
Can you post the screenshots of the PDF and the Webviewer please? What version are you using?
aijain
Hi Clark,
I have added 2 attachments. One is screenshot of web viewer. The other is the actual PDF with the background problem.
I am using Birt 4.2.1.
kclark
Do you have to use an image for the background? It might be easier to use CSS for this. Can you recreate this with the sample DB and post it?
aijain
I chose to use a background image because I liked the gradient effect. I am not sure I can achieve that with CSS. My customer base uses IE8 and I think gradients are supported in CSS3 and IE8 does not support CSS3 yet.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
I have attached the report and image.
Is there a way to ignore background image for PDF export?
Thanks.