Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Disabling PDF export for specific reports
aijain
Hi,
Is there a way to disable exporting report in a particular format for specific reports? I have 3 reports and I want to disable PDF export for only one of them. I searched and found someone had suggested using the report name in the ExportReportDialogFragment.jsp to decide which export format options to show. But I do not prefer that since this solution is not extensible. I would prefer to program something in the report that would indicate that this report cannot be exported to PDF.
I see in the ExportReportDialogFragment.jsp, ParameterAccessor.supportedFormats is used to decide what export options to show to the user. Is there a way I can set ParameterAccessor.supportedFormats to specific values in a report to suggest which formats that report supports?
Thanks,
Aparna
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p><a class="bbc_url" href="
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/849-turn-off-toolbar-buttons-within-a-report/">This
devshare</a> show's how you can disable buttons in the toolbar. If you went with this option you could create an html button in your report to export to the format you choose.</p>
aijain
Thanks. Is there not other way to simply remove the PDF option from the dropdown for a specific report?
aijain
I got what I wanted like this -
<script type="text/javascript">
function resetFormatOptions(){
var formatOptions=document.getElementById("exportFormat");
formatOptions.options.length = 0;
var option=document.createElement("option");
option.text="Excel";
option.value="xls";
formatOptions.add(option);
}
resetFormatOptions();
</script>
suresh@anumolu
<p>Can you please fix the link provided in the earlier post?</p>
<p><a class="bbc_url" href="
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/849-turn-off-toolbar-buttons-within-a-report/"
; title="External link">This devshare</a><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"> show's how you can disable buttons in the toolbar. </span></p>
pricher
<p>When Devshare links are broken, you can google "devshare" plus words from the broken URL to find the new link. In any case, here's the <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/849-turn-off-toolbar-buttons-within-a-report/'>one
</a>you're looking for.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>