Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Dependent Text box parameter defaults
Lotuseater
Hi.
Each report I make is about a given instance of the overall problem. So we pass in the number of the instance as a hidden parameter. For various dynamic selection parameters, I use the instance number to populate the list of choices without any problem.
In addition however, I have some text box parameters where the user needs to be able to pick any number (s)he wants. There are a lot of these, and it's not always clear to the user what value is a sensible default. I have a Java method which returns an array of defaults based on the instance number, but can I use it to set the default values of the other parameters (given that it has a parameter as an argument)? Since the first one is hidden, it seems possible BIRT should know to evaluate it first, but I guess this might be delicate.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
If I'm understanding correctly, one thing you could do would be to create one report as a parameter report. Pass your hidden parameters to it and build an HTML form to use to call your main report. This way, the hidden parameter controls the values returned in the dataSet, for the first report and you can build your form accordingly.
Hope this helps.