Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Highlighting within a Gantt chart
MR2
Hello all!
First off let me note that I am a complete newbie with regards to report design using BIRT. With that in mind please bear with me if I ask obvious questions or maybe don't understand the details you may give me first time round.
As to my 'problem'. I am currently using BIRT to create customized Gantt charts for use within our project management software. The charts are designed within BIRT and then imported into the software. Once there they can be accessed/displayed within the given framework. I have the base design finished and the data is correct the only problem is that I would like to have an alternating highlighting based on the major grid of the x-axis, similar to the highlighting that can be used on the detail rows of a table. Imagine the region between major grid lines being filled with an alternating color - that is in effect what I am looking for.
Is there any easy way to do this? Have I maybe overlooked a switch/option/parameter? Any help would be welcomed.
Thankyou!
Mark
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
MR2
Hello kclark and thankyou for your reply.
What I am looking for is more like this
kclark
You can remove the labels with some script like this<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>function beforeDrawDataPointLabel( dph, label, icsc )
{
label.getCaption().setValue("")
}
</pre>
<br />
But I don't think you can alternate the background colors because the chart sets it as one background.
MR2
Sorry for the late reply (flu and short break) and thankyou once more for your input
I guess I'll just have to make do with a horizontal line then.