Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Table header values drawn from dataset
Soelby
Hi,
I use a standard table based on a dataset. The table header automatically adds labels based row names as names for my columns.
However, I need the headers to be language controlled (which the dataset it self is not), and thus my intention was to use a different dataset for content of headers.
That seems not to be possible. I can only add different labels, not use a value from a dataset.
How may I come about this?
I'm in version 3.7.2.
/Stephan
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Soelby
Ok, thinking once again about this, I realize the obvious workaround would be to hide the header and create a similar grid.
But that's not excatly the correct solution :unsure:
/Stephan
kclark
You can create *.properties files in your project. You will need to create one for each language. The files will hold the keys and translated text. <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://wiki.eclipse.org/BIRT/FAQ/Internationalization'>Take
a look at this</a> and let me know if you have any questions
Soelby
Hi KClark,
Yes, that is the correct solution. And I can implement that.
However, since my data is already translated in the DB-side, then I don't get keys, I actually get the data I want to display.
Which just isn't possible in a regular table.
So there are obvious ways to get the desired end-result, but I am still inclined to consider it a bug (however small) in the table implementation.
Thanks for your help.
/Stephan
kclark
Can you log a bug/enhancement request <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/reportabug.php'>here?</a>
;