Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
rendering report outside of WebViewer (Eclipse RCP)
littleoak
Hi all,
My RCP e4 application uses the scripted dataset reports. My DataSource object needs to be created outside of report and is passed into WebViewer plugin by AppContext extension point. Everything works nice.
Now I am looking for another solution(if exists), without using extension point (org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer.appcontext):
is somehow possible to (1)render the report by ReportEngine API and subsequently pass it (2) into WebViewer plugin? (don't let the WebViewer render the report, just preview the rendered one?)
I am able to render a report and generated html put into Browser SWT component, but I would have lost the WebViewer nice features(exporting, printing, paginating etc.).
Thanks a lot and sorry for my English. I hope I described my problem clearly.
Ondrej.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
littleoak
I got it!!
1. with IRunTask create .rptdocument file(put your objects into application context)
2. run WebViewer and pass document file name via "__document=path/to/report.rptdocument" param in the URL
and it works !