Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Combining queries in data set.
mohtech
Hi all,
In a dataset I need to call a stored procedure before
sql select query.
First I need to call a stored procedure, that insert ids in a temporary table
And after I need to execute a select query that needs to read ids from
the temporary table.
Is it possible to call the stored procedure and the select query in the same data set ?
or do I need to join two data sets ?
I spent some time on this,
and the only solution I've found was
to write a stored procedure that call the first stored procedure
and the select query. That stored procedure
is used in the dataset.
But I need to defined select query in birt dataset, instead of
writing a stored procedure every time.
Any ideas to call a stored procedure and a select query, both with parameters ?
Thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Hans_vd
Hi,
If you happen to be on an Oracle database:
you'll need to create a output parameter of type SYS_REFCURSOR in your stored procedure. The last step in the procedure would be to open the refcursor:
http://enterprisesmartapps.wordpress.com/2011/02/24/oracle-stored-procedure-data-set-in-birt/
for more info
Other databases work the same way, only not with SYS_REFCURSOR type.
Regards
Hans