Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Need continuous "page" in viewer
Dave O
I am using 3.7.1 for reports against a MSSQL db.
Currently when the reports are viewed in the viewer they display as discrete pages - often over 30 of them. How can i get the report to display as a continuous view in the viewer and still pages on printed output.
I am using a master page with a privacy disclaimer in the footer. I need that to display at the end of the viewed report and on each page of printed output.
My reading suggests an HTML output is what is needed but I can't come up with how to control it for the viewer.
Thanks,
Dave
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
You can create the report and set the page break on the items to 0 then change the report layout to auto. This will keep it from creating page breaks and place the report in a grid. Then create another grid and copy the report with the page breaks into that. Now that you have them separated you can drop them based on the output format of the report using<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
if(reportContext.getHttpServletRequest().getAttribute("attributeBean").format == "html") {
// Drop the grid with the page breaks
var myGrid1 = reportContext.getDesignHandle().findElement("myGrid1");
myGrid1.drop()
} else {
// Drop the grid without the page breaks
var myGrid2 = reportContext.getDesignHandle().findElement("myGrid2");
myGrid2.drop()
}
</pre>
Dave O
Outstanding! Thank you very much for the solution.
I remain very impressed with BIRT as a tool, and the support of the expert users for the rest of us.
Dave
lnix
You should be able to only have 1 table or grid with the page break interval set to 0 and the report layout set to auto. This will show in 1 page in the web viewer, but when you export it to PDF, it will break into pages and put the master page footer on each. I'm attaching an example.