Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Different master page header on the first page of report
erisa
I need to have one <strong class='bbc'>master page header</strong> on the first page and another <strong class='bbc'>master page header</strong> on the next pages of report.<br />
I am using 3.7.1 version.<br />
<br />
1. I inserted a grid with two rows to the master page header.<br />
2. I put one new grid into each of the rows.<br />
First nested grid for the first page header, second nested grid for the next pages header.<br />
3. I set an onRender scripts:<br />
<br />
<em class='bbc'>//first nested grid</em><br />
if( pageNumber > 1 ){<br />
this.getStyle().display = "none";<br />
}<br />
<br />
<em class='bbc'>//second nested grid</em><br />
if( pageNumber == 1 ){<br />
this.getStyle().display = "none";<br />
}else{<br />
this.getStyle().display = "block";<br />
}<br />
<br />
This works ok with the sample database, from JDBC Data Source.<br />
But I need XML Data Source and with that it does not work at all.<br />
It seems as if with the sample database table, the onRender event gets called on every page, but with my XML Data Source it only gets called once. <br />
<br />
Please, If you could help me solve this mysterious problem I would appreciated it very much.<br />
<br />
erisa
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
Can you post your rptdesign with some sample data? I've attached my example the seems to be working for your needs. I've also attached some sample xml data with it. I created two nested grids in the master page header. Then I used your script for each grid. Page one shows "Label 1" and all pages > 1 displays "Label 2"
erisa
Thank you for answering.
In your sample you are using BIRT version 4.2.1. I am using 3.7.1 and I am stucked to it.
Could it be a bug in 3.7.1 version?
I attached my report: