Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
MS Excel emitter creating bad report
gdiffor
I have a rptdesign file that I create both PDF and excel reports from.
When I generate the PDF, the layout looks perfect, but when I generate the Excel, my cells do not line up and some of the data cells are simply missing.
In order to determine what was happening, I split the process into IRunTask and IRenderTask, but then my report comes up empty (which I mentioned in a separate post).
any ideas why the default PDF emitter works OK but the default Excel emitter does not?
GD
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Can you create a sample that will show me the issue, that I can run? What is in the cells that are missing from the XLS output?
gdiffor
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="114944" data-time="1362892566" data-date="09 March 2013 - 10:16 PM"><p>
Can you create a sample that will show me the issue, that I can run? What is in the cells that are missing from the XLS output?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I may have to mock something up, since the data is all fed dynamically from our database.<br />
<br />
Some of the cells that are missing should contain data from simple labels. Others should be populated with data columns from a data set.<br />
<br />
The other interesting thing is that some of the cells are have incorrectly formatted borders and backgrounds.<br />
<br />
I will try to figure out how to post a sample for you to run.
Yaytay
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'gdiffor'" data-cid="114935" data-time="1362778340" data-date="08 March 2013 - 02:32 PM"><p>
I have a rptdesign file that I create both PDF and excel reports from.<br />
<br />
When I generate the PDF, the layout looks perfect, but when I generate the Excel, my cells do not line up and some of the data cells are simply missing.<br />
<br />
In order to determine what was happening, I split the process into IRunTask and IRenderTask, but then my report comes up empty (which I mentioned in a separate post).<br />
<br />
any ideas why the default PDF emitter works OK but the default Excel emitter does not?<br />
<br />
GD<br /></p></blockquote>
Which Excel emitter are you using?<br />
<br />
There are differences in the way the two tasks handle some things, in particular there I a bu which means that. Normal Run task doesn't do a particular type of pagination correctly.<br />
<br />
Jim