Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Birt Eclipse no longer launches
edoetsch
I cannot find a log file to see what is happening. Things were working fine Friday afternoon and this morning. Closed down applications and rebooted due to a java install for a browser and now Birt Eclipse shows the startup icon for less than a half a second and then nothing happens. Launching eclispe.exe from the command line does the same thing. Startup icon appears and in a flash it is gone. eclipse.exe does not ever appear in task manager.
I've noticed there is a plugins.tgz dated last Friday at 3:22 PM. I cannot recall specifically installing any plugins. Does Eclipse automatically update plug-ins?
Any ideas where to look for a log that might tell me what is happening?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Hans_vd
You probably have multiple java versions on your system now.
Read about "Specifying the JVM" here:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse.ini
That will probably solve your problem.
edoetsch
I downloaded Java 7 for Firefox which when uninstalled allowed opening of Birt again. Others at my company stated this was a known issue.
questionss
The BIRT report designer log file is located in (WORKSPACE_LOCATION)/.metadata/.log
There should be a more detailed error message there.