Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Comparing values in two tables
ttling
Suppose I have 2 simple tables based on 2 different datasets:
Table 1:
Date X1 Y1
Jan 10 20
Feb 30 40
Mar 50 60
Table 2:
Date X2 Y2
Jan 20 30
Feb 50 80
Mar 90 90
Is there a way to create a 3rd table, derived from table 1 and 2, of the form:
Date X Y
Jan 10 10
Feb 20 40
Mar 40 30
where the value of X=X2-X1, and the value of Y=Y2-Y1.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
ttling
Note that in MS Excel, if I have a table in worksheet1, and another table in worksheet 2. I can easily create a 3rd table in worksheet 3 by referencing values in worksheet 1 and 2. It is this ability to reference values in another table or worksheet that I am looking for in BIRT.
Jenkinsj5
There are lot of variables, if my response does not answer your question, please provide what version of BIRT you are using and what type of data access you have. Possibly someone else can assist you.
Assuming SQL access to the data you can use DATEDIFF() to create a new column with values to use in a join.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms189794.aspx
Then create a "New Joint Data Set", (right click on 'Data Set" in the outline view).
Now you have one joined table with all the data.