Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Line Chart Y axis issue
Federico
I have an xml data source which represents a sets of events completed.
I need to build a line chart where X axis represents events timeline and Y axis the total number of events completed by given date
My issue is that I do not have the Y axis data and I'd need to build this info dynamically.
e.g (data source)
Event ID | Finish Date
1 03-Jan-2013
2 05-Jan-2013
3 20-Jan-2013
4 21-Jan-2013
5 02-Feb-2013
6 11-Feb-2013
7 22-Feb-2013
8 01-Mar-2013
9 03-Mar-2013
10 05-Mar-2013
The required line chart graph should be similar to ( on Y axis I need to have total number of events completed for each finish date reported) the following graph
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
You could create a datacube from your xml data. Grouping on the finish date and creating a summary on ID. This will count all of the completed events for each date and plot them on your chart.<br />
<br />
<br />
Federico
The report you created shows count of events for each day.
In my case, it should report the sum of events till event date ( e.g: if I have event 1 on 03-Jan and event 2 on 05-Jan, I should see 1 as total on 03-Jan and 2 as total on 05-Jan. With the sample data provided, I need to see 10 as total on last event date)
kclark
You can create a computed column in your dataset and set the aggregation to running count. In you're expression use row["id"] and it then use the date for your x axis and the computed column for the y axis.
Federico
Might you be so kind to attach the last report as I am not able to achieve the same result as you ? Thanks again for the support..
kclark
Sorry, I forgot to attach the report. Let me know if you have any questions.
Federico
Thanks, I am now able to have the chart working