Dear all,<br />
<br />
I'm currently puzzled on how to use the native excel emitter plugin(1) with BIRT runtime 4.2.2 via the command line interface.<br />
<br />
When I designed the report (in juno, using the latest BIRT release), I simply placed the jar-File of the emitter in the eclips/plugins-directory. Now using the runtime the emitter is not used, even though I placed the jar-file in the lib-directory and added it to the class path.<br />
<br />
My goal is primarily to have the content spread on different excel worksheets. It works in the designer, but not in the runtime.<br />
<br />
My call currently looks like this:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
java -cp '<many-jar-files>' -DBIRT_HOME='<correct-home>' -Dorg.eclipse.datatools_workspacepath='<workspace-dir>' org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.ReportRunner -o '/tmp/out.xls' -f 'xls' -p dbURL=jdbc:postgresql://127.0.0.1:5432/<database> -p dbUsername=<user> -p dbPassword=<password> -p <some-parameters> --emitter_id=org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.nativexls '/tmp/test.xls.rptdesign'
</pre>
<br />
I tried it with and without the --emitter_id-parameter.<br />
<br />
Where can I start debugging?<br />
<br />
Kind regards,<br />
<br />
Hendrik<br />
<br />
<br />
---<br />
<br />
(1) <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/p/native-excel-emitter-birt-plugin/'>http://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/p/native-excel-emitter-birt-plugin/</a> - latest version as of Oct 2011