Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT 3.7.2 table column copy (insert) slow
wirzbicki
Greetings all,
I have birt 3.7.2 with Eclipse (Indigo) and I have an existing report design file which I am trying to increasing the number of table columns by doing a copy column and then "Insert Copy Column".
The problem is that as the table grows in the number of columns the "insert copy colunm" is taking longer. I'm at column #72 and it's taking 4 minutes to do the insert for the next column. I'm told it was running faster in birt 2.x version.
Is there anyway to speed this up? I have a large number of columns to add. :rolleyes:
Thanks!
Mike W.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
wirzbicki
UPDATE:
Performance improved 100%, table column insert took 44 secs instead of 4 minutes.
Steps: 1.) Was forced to do JDK 41 update, shutdown eclipse, install update, reboot system.
2.) restart eclipse and performance improved immediately.
why:? - Maybe due to my putting system into hibernate mode nightly.
- 1+ weeks between system reboots...
Morale of the story:
- reboot system when you have issue with eclipse ide...
wirzbicki
Just a fyi:
HW: HP Elitebook 8540w, (8g mem, 8 cpu)
OS: Win7 Enterprise, SP1 (64 bit)