Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Scatter Chart - 2 Different X-Axis Values
brianlevin
I am wondering if it is possible to create a scatter chart in BIRT that has two different sets of x-axis and y-axis values, where the x-axis values are of the same type. For example:<br />
<br />
<span class='bbc_underline'>Set 1</span><br />
x-axis: time (scheduled)<br />
y-axis: value 1<br />
<br />
<span class='bbc_underline'>Set 2</span><br />
x-axis: time (actual)<br />
y-axis: value 2<br />
<br />
In my dataset, all of these values are stored in one record. For example:<br />
time (schedule), time (actual), value 1, value 2<br />
<br />
Please let me know if there is any way to accomplish this. Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
Can you post some sample xml data so I can work on an example?
brianlevin
Thanks for taking a look at this. I'm posting a sample report that has data loaded in, along with a chart that shows the problem. I'm also attaching an Excel chart that shows what I would like the report to look like.
The difference is very subtle, but more noticeable around the 17:00 to 18:00 times on the x-axis. For one entry in the data, the scheduled time is 20 minutes different than the actual time, and I would like to see the corresponding y-value matched up with the actual time on the x-axis as opposed to the scheduled time.
Thanks again for your help.
JanaF
<p>Have you been able to find a solution to your problem? I have a similar problem.. Thanks!</p>
kclark
<p>If I'm understanding what you're needing then you'll only need to create two y-series for value 1 and value 2. Then they can both share the x-axis for the time.</p>