Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Generating BIRT PDF reports with a scheduler/cron job
zac
Hello,<br />
I need to automate the BIRT report generation via a cron job to generate PDFs. <br />
I've been looking at 2 possibilities:<br />
1) runReport batch file:<br />
I can generate the sample report but when I want to generate a Jazz (RTC-based) report I get the error:<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
Mar 15, 2013 4:28:28 PM org.eclipse.birt.report.data.adapter.impl.ModelAdapter adaptDataSet
WARNING: handle type: org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api.OdaDataSetHandle
Mar 15, 2013 4:28:28 PM org.eclipse.birt.report.data.adapter.impl.ModelAdapter adaptDataSet
WARNING: handle type: org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api.OdaDataSetHandle
Mar 15, 2013 4:28:28 PM org.eclipse.birt.report.data.adapter.impl.ModelAdapter adaptDataSet
WARNING: handle type: org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api.OdaDataSetHandle
Mar 15, 2013 4:28:28 PM org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.Driver doGetDriverManifest
SEVERE: Cannot find or process the ODA data source extension configuration.java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot find the ODA dataSource extension (com.ibm.team.reports.generic.dataSource).
Check the workspace log file for any problems with loading the extension bundleand its dependencies.
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.util.manifest.ManifestExplorer.getExtensionManifest(ManifestExplorer.java:200)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.Driver.doGetDriverManifest(Driver.java:147)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.Driver.findDataSourceExtensionConfig(Driver.java:123)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.Driver.getDriverExtensionConfig(Driver.java:78)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.Driver.getExtensionConfig(Driver.java:60)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.Driver.getDriverHelper(Driver.java:93)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.DriverManager.getDriverHelper(DriverManager.java:98)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.ConnectionManager.openConnection(ConnectionManager.java:151)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.DataSource.newConnection(DataSource.java:190)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.DataSource.open(DataSource.java:178))
</pre>
<br />
What am i doing wrong? I check the ODA jar is part of the BIRT runtime plugins directory...<br />
<br />
2) Use the IReportViewerService from RTC:<br />
I call com.ibm.team.reports.service.internal.IReportViewerService with the parameters:<br />
__format=pdf<br />
.__projectAreaUUID=****<br />
__ownerUUID=****<br />
<br />
However how to a create a script to specify the output file name and to handle the authentication?<br />
<br />
Has anyone done that? Is it possible?<br />
Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
Have you coppied the jars to the plugins directory? It sounds like to me that you are missing one? How have you deployed this?
zac
Thanks for your reply.
To deploy, I simply unzipped the BIRT runtime and I copied all the required jars to the plugins directory and the \WEB-INF\platform\plugins directory. Reports are generated fine when I use the sample reports but when I try to generate a Jazz report, the Jazz data source returns this ODA configuration error....
zac
Apparently, RTC BIRT reports depends heavily on a custom RTC ODA driver. It is not possible....