Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Soritng of data in BIRT report doesnt work in groups.
skolhe
I have a report designed using BIRT.
Facing problems with sorting issues.
The data is displayed within groups.
The sort parameter includes the value displayed in group header.
When i select the sort parameter, the value displayed is not sorted.
For sorting to work on group header, where do u need to add the following:
params[paramSortValue].value i.e is sort expression
code,
In table level sorting.
Or under group level sorting.
Also please see the attached sort.bmp file for clear understanding.
As shown, the report does not sort the data with sortValue1.
Is this the problem because the sort filed is displayed with the header?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
bricombs
Good Day
If you are looking to sort a grouped report you can add the sort orders to the Sorting property for the table. For example if I create a report grouped on Country I can add a sort for Country and a second sort expression for City. The report will then sort by Country first and then City. I have attached small sample