Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Fixed structure of rows
IgorW
Hi experts<br />
I am newbie in BIRT<br />
I have to create fixed structure of rows with filters. For example:<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>Checknumber</strong> <strong class='bbc'>Amount</strong><br />
=AG240323 <br />
=AU364101 <br />
=AH612904 + AK412714 <br />
=first row + second row <br />
etc.<br />
<br />
What is the best way to set different filters by Checknumber on each row, and put formulas in certain row<br />
What kind of report item should I use and how to restrict it? <br />
<br />
Thank you in advance
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
You can use the aggregation tool from the palette to do the math for you. Can you explain the requirements for the filters a little more please?
IgorW
I will have to create reports like balance sheet, cash flow etc. So i will have to restrict rows by Gl-Account
For Example
Cash and cash equivalents (account 1011000000+1013000000)---1000$
Trade receivables-net (account 1211000000)
500$
Total current assets(Sum of 1st and 2nd)
1500$
Share premium (no accounts)
space
Trade payables
100500$
...etc.
Some reports will have fairly large list of rows, each of them is restricted by certain entry of GL-Account
kclark
Is your data in a SQL db or how is it stored?
IgorW
I will have access to SQL DB later. Now we could imitate the situation using CLASSICMODEL datasource, e.g. CLASSICMODELS.PAYMENTS with fields CHECKNUMBER and AMOUNT
kclark
Can you create this with the sample DB and post it please?
IgorW
This is the Problem. I don't know how to do it.
<br />
Its easy to create a report with dinamic rows structure - to drag and drop CHECKNUMBER and AMOUNT and all entries of CHECKNUMBER will be displayed.<br />
But I don't know how to display fixed structure of row, where every row will present amount of certain CHECKNUMBER/checknumbers<br />
for example:<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>Structure of rows</strong>
<strong class='bbc'>Amount</strong><br />
CHECKNUMBER AG240323
100<br />
CHECKNUMBER AU364101
120 <br />
CHECKNUMBER AH612904 + AK412714
250 <br />
<br />
Where AG240323,AU364101,AH612904 etc are the entries of CHECKNUMBER field<br />
<br />
If i can do it using CHECKNUMBER from sample db, I will be able to create reports using GL-Account (like Balance Sheet in Example above)