Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
pageNumber Page Variable Not Incremented on Avoid
dbmathis
Hi All,
I am using version 3.7.2 outputting to PDF with RunAndRenderTask.
I am passing page numbers to the master page with global variables, which is working out fine until I get to a table which I have page break set to Avoid inside. pageNumber variable is not incrementing when the page breaks to the next page to avoid inside the table. Is this a bug?
Best Regards
David
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
Hi David, can you post your report for me to look at?
dbmathis
Hi kclark,
I can't, because the data source is a very complex XML document with confidential information in it. Have you seen or heard of this before? I was outputing the contents of pageNUmber to the master page in the onRender of a text element and when a table spans across two pages, with RunaAndRender task it just sees the two pages as one page, so for example the tables started on page 3 and ended on the next page and pageNumber was 3 on both pages.
Best Regards
David
dbmathis
It can be easily reproduced though by outputting to PDF in BIRT. Just have a table span from one page to another and watch the pageNumber page variable. pageNumber doesn't get incremented on the next page that the table spans to. I think it should be getting incremented upon any page break, but for some reason it doesn't for "avoid inside".
kclark
Can you recreate this with the sample db? I seem to not be able to recreate it on my end.