Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
3.7.1 problem with IE9
Dave O
We are using the BIRT report viewer 3.7.1 in a web application. We originally developed with 2.6, then evolved into 3.7.1.
When users running Internet Explore 9 access reports, the parameter screen does not appear unless they click the Compatibility icon or use Developer access.
Is there a solution that doesn't require action from the user? What about IE 10?
Thanks,
Dave
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
I just upgraded to IE 10, so I won't be able to test with IE 9, but I'm pretty certain I ran a parameterized report with 3.7.1 in IE 9 with no issue. Can you attach a report using the sample database that you see the issue with in IE 9 and I'll try it in IE 10?
Dave O
Thanks Mike,
I tried it in IE 10 and no problem with the reports that were shaky in IE9. They work fine in Firefox, Chrome and Safari. Just sometimes not in IE9.
Since we have the compatibility mode work around for IE 9, we can live with that, and encourage clients to update to IE 10!
We plan to upgrade to BIRT 4.2 this summer so I have more important issues to deal with since we have an acceptable workaround.
Dave