Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Retrieving User's Login TIMEZONE
singsing
Hi,
I've been having difficulties with retrieving user login TimeZone and apply it to date as dataset parameter.
Found solution on this forum to use reportContext.getAppContext().get("AppRuntimeTimeZone"), however,, this works onRENDER, not on Initialize before Dataset is executed. So when run the report.
What I did was
1. On Initialize retrieve Timezone by reportContext.getAppContext().get("AppRuntimeTimeZone") etc, and then
2. apply timezone to date Report Parameter on Initialize phase as well.
3. Data set parameter is linked to Report parameter; therefore, I expect by the time dataset is executed, dataset will get date parameter with correct timezone.
But it doesn't work.
Please please please kindly help to solve TimeZone issue.
thank you.
sing
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
bricombs
Good Day
You could try the following JavaScript code:
var d = new Date();
d.toTimeString();
It will return a string like the following:
13:29:42 GMT-0700 (PDT)
You may also want to look at other JavaScript Date Methods
http://www.w3schools.com/jsref/jsref_obj_date.asp
singsing
Hi bricombs,
thank you for replying.
If using Javascript as mentioned above, that gives system time which is GMT.
What I need is Time based on User login that user selected when Login to Actuate ISERVER.
Thanks
sing
bricombs
Good Day
You may want to post this to the iServer forum (Deploying BIRT Reports in Deployment Kit or BIRT iServer) to see if someone there can help to get what you need in iServer.
From what I can find this is a feature request that we are evaluating for adding to a future version of the product. The internal feature request number is 26420.
yoovrajkhullar
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="bricombs" data-cid="115637" data-time="1364928156">
<div>
<p>Good Day You may want to post this to the iServer forum (Deploying BIRT Reports in Deployment Kit or BIRT iServer) to see if someone there can help to get what you need in iServer. From what I can find this is a feature request that we are evaluating for adding to a future version of the product. The internal feature request number is 26420.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p>Any success with converting Server Time to User Actuate Portal Time Zone ?</p>
<p>Please update. Will be thankfull</p>