Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT 11SP3 like operator not returning all rows
DavidGress
I have a simple report that is basically Select * from table where field like ?
A user noticed that the report wasn't returning all the rows that it should. I put the same query into Sql Server management studio and get the correct results. If I change like to equal sign it works correctly, returning the right number of rows.
A collegue mentioned chacking ANSI vs UNICode values and I'm exploring that.
Anyone run into this issue? If so, how is it solved.
Like gives the users flexibility to get all rows or just certain categories so we use it a lot. Thus, the need to solve this issue quickly.
TIA,
Dave Gress
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Are you able to reproduce this with the sample database? Or is it just with your db?
DavidGress
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="115563" data-time="1364665086" data-date="30 March 2013 - 10:38 AM"><p>
Are you able to reproduce this with the sample database? Or is it just with your db?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I haven't noticed it on any other tables and I use the LIKE operator a bunch to handle getting all records.
mwilliams
So, it's not something that you've been able to reproduce in a way that I could run the report to be able to do some testing?