Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Report Parameters default values are used in preview mode
wirzbicki
Greeting all,
Environment:
Eclipse Indigo, BIRT 3.7.2
WINDOWS 7,
Oracle 11g
Sql Developer
I have a strange problem occurring. I have an existing design file that I change it'S layout (it a major change).
All works well with xcell, doc, pdf, powerpoint but when I select preview it uses the default values.
I prove this by opening a log file during the Initialize Event and print out the report parameter values being passed into the report. During the xcell, doc file output the java code passes the correct values into the report design file. When "Preview" is selected the default values are being passed ( I see it in the log file).
I use the old design file and preview work correctly.
Is there some setting in BIRT that I am overlooking for PREVIEW. It should just work but again the default report parameters are being used instead of the valid values. :wacko:
thanks in advance!
Mike W
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
Do you get the same results when viewing the report from the webviewer by clicking the view report icon in the tool bar instead of the preview tab?
wirzbicki
<strong class='bbc'>Problem Resolved!</strong><br />
<br />
<span class='bbc_underline'>Some Additional Information:</span><br />
The design file for the report utilize an event handler that we wrote to handle db connections "BirtBeforeFactoryEvent" which was suppose to be a "Super Class" to override the standard event within BIRT.<br />
<br />
Now while developing/debugging the report I place in the design file in it's internal "beforeFactory" event some javascript code which left commented out. <br />
<br />
We discovered that this commented code in the design file "beforeFactory" event was taking president over the BirtBeforeFactoryEvent handler.<br />
<br />
Removal of all JS code (even commented code) finally allowed the external event handler menthod to be exectued and the parameters values passed thru for PREVIEW.<br />
(PS: PREVIEW to me is not the same preview used during the design phase. It is the PREVIEW that you get when you call birt requesting preview for output).<br />
<br />
Q<strong class='bbc'>uestion for BIRT Internal Experts:</strong><br />
Why doesn't both the external event handler and internal beforeFactory event javascript execute? <br />
It appears to be an either or condition and nothing I found so far explains this behavoir.<br />
<br />
Is this a bug?<br />
<br />
Thanks again!<br />
Mike W
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'kclark'" data-cid="115618" data-time="1364911381" data-date="02 April 2013 - 07:03 AM"><p>
Do you get the same results when viewing the report from the webviewer by clicking the view report icon in the tool bar instead of the preview tab?<br /></p></blockquote>